What we will cover
We’ve developed this course to be a one-stop-shop for all central heating controls. We spend the morning covering the topics listed below and then you have all afternoon to practice what you’ve learned on our training rigs within a specially made workshop
Here are a few of the things you will learn about on the course:
- 2 and 3 port systems (S-plan, S-plan plus and Y plan): The differences, where they’re used and which regulations apply.
- Zone Valves can have orange, white, brown and grey wires, confused? You will understand and learn which wire goes where and why with a fault finding diagram so you can understand what fault is present by checking voltage.
- Sequence of Wiring: Wiring sequence is a logic approach where we can wire backwards and forwards or in the middle. We want you to be an engineer and not just a fitter
- Fault Finding: Flow charts for faults, testing room/cylinder stats with and without voltage using your multimeter, our easy to follow diagrams will show what’s wrong.
- Frost Protection: We teach electricians so our electrical trainer will show you how the frost-stat is opened and closed including how to test.
- SMART Programmers: Learn when, why and how to use them (they make money).
- You’ll also get loads of tips along the way from the electrical trainer with over 30 years experience.
- We will be powering up the rigs you build and look at how programmers work in conjunction with AC units and fault finding special circuits.
We have specially built bays for you to wire up, test and practice fault finding on. When you leave us after a busy day you’ll be armed with the knowledge and confidence to tackle more complex jobs and will look at wiring in a whole new way.
1 Day course – £210
Course material provided