This course starts off talking about multi-meter training including the applied use of resistance, capacitance, hz, mA current measuring, Ac & Dc voltage measuring & continuity.
Then we will look at components on the bench and apply our learning to these parts understanding tolerances and what is a good reading and which is a bad one.
Some of the components checked are below.
- PCB examination including track, components and fault identification
- Flame rectification understanding including AC to DC through ionisation
- Testing NTC thermistors, locating them & removing safely
- Fan faults including coil testing with venturi examination
- Air pressure switch common errors made by engineers
- Why does a pump cause a PCB to blow and how to test it properly
- Causes of high carbon monoxide & Carbon dioxide
- Testing flow & return to determine potential problems
- Domestic hot water problems
- Central heating problems
- Divertor valve investigation including service kits
- Plated heat exchanger testing
- Water pressure switch with common faults
- High limit stat misdiagnosis
- Poor temperature at hot taps.